Making Travel Activities For My Girl

>> Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So i woke up after a nap the other day with lots of different ideas. It was weird cause i wasn't even thinking about this before i went to sleep.
See my husband is a football coach and football season is just around the corner... that means me lugging my girls to as many games as i can. When you have a 2 and 3 year old girls it's kinda stressful to take them to games and not have them go crazy sitting for so long.
Last year i made two of these: 

Added the child straps to the travel seats. This helped a ton! But my next issue was entertaining them and also my diaper bag. See after shoving all the snacks and cups and toys to try and keep them occupied in my bag, it was crazy full and would get jumbled as soon as i would have to pull something out.

My goal is to try and keep things as simple as possible. See it's just me lugging a double stroller, three stadium seats a big stuffed diaper bag, and later in the season blankets. Yeah i look pretty pitiful and sad looking lol. I'm sure i cause some to laugh. This year i'm kinda dreading it cause i'm trying to potty train my oldest and i don't even want to think about lugging her, my youngest and my diaper bag into the bathroom. Haaaa.

Anyways here are some of my ideas i'm trying to make reality.
  • So this was my supplies:

And this is what i did with them. I used the marker lids and attached the elastic thread through the holes in the caps.


The caps will be krazy glued to the colored pencils (hope it holds up) Then i will wrap the elastic ends in fabric and sew the heck out of them to keep the elastic in place.



Then the other end of the elastic on the colored pencils will be attached to the clip.


This way the girls will be able to color and the colored pencils will not me able to drop (or be thrown like they like to do at the games) I'm hoping this works good and entertains them for at least a little while.


  • Then i looked on Amazon for an 'I Spy' book but was having a hard time. I could find lots of i spy games but i wasn't finding just the books which i found to be very odd. I adore I Spy books. Heck me and husband love to sit and try and figure them out together to this day!.
So instead i decided to make my own. I purchased these:


 (100G. Lot Assorted Resin Flatback Scrapbooking Buttons Cabochon Craft Supplies)
and...
(100g. Mix Assorted Food Cup Cake Fruit Candy Resin Flatback Scrapbooking Buttons)

That's about 150 little trinkets. I bought this little glittery photo book:


So i figured the one page can be the i spy page and the opposite page can be the page showing you which items you are looking for.



Also while looking for my daughters birthday gift i came across this and ordered it.


It was described as "Choose from among fourteen fun themes, slide a card into the gameboard and start looking for matches. This handy memory game includes one game board, seven double-sided game cards and a two-player scoreboard. There are no loose pieces and everything conveniently stores in the board."

Next will be figuring out a better travel bag/diaper bag and i think i already have the idea for it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Day Dreaming List:

Followers

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP