Christmas Houses In Progress

>> Thursday, October 25, 2012


Inspiration:

I took this ladies idea and since i'm not a Halloween person, i decided to switch it to a Christmas house. I ordered most of my supplies from Hobby Lobby's online store on Monday and today I got my package. It was only like $3.95 shipping and i still got to use the 40% off coupon, so i think it was worth it if i calculated what i would have spent in gas!

Here is what i got:
The three houses came in a set, then i got two sizes of miniature Christmas trees, some miniature wreaths for over the doors, some miniature Christmas lights and then some glitter glue sticks :)

First step is to pain them a base color. The tutorial has you use spray paint and in black. I didn't want to spend more money on spray paint so i used a foam brush and my acrylic white paint.


So i have them all painted on the outside and i painted the inside of the big house, thinking about the light reflection of the candle inside... but i didn't on the other two.... i may go back and paint the inside of those to for safe measure.

See the popsicle sticks on my paper? I cut the bottoms to be flat and i'm thinking of painting them white and using them as a white picket fence for the big house. We will see how that works. The way i am thinking of doing it sounds like a big headache to me... we shall see!

Had to stop for now because it's dinner time. I'll do more later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Day Dreaming List:

Followers

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP