9-21-10

>> Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My mom came this weekend and helped me a lot with the new house. Some of the big things that managed to get done were:

  • I got my sewing/craft room unpacked and put together. Now I’m planning on what color I want to paint the room and stuff like that.
  • We got the mail box put up that Bob hand made (looks awesome)
  • We took these ugly light fixtures, took them apart, spray painted them and got them hung. They look so much nicer then they did before we stripped them. Neither the living room or the dinning room have light fixtures so they had to be hung ‘swag’ like.

clip_image002

I should have taken ‘before’ pictures but I didn’t think about it till to late. This is the light fixture in our dinning room.

clip_image004

This one was the biggest transformation because in was incased with glass and looked horrid. Bob still has some more ideas for it but for now we hung in like this, in our living room.

Yesterday my mom went home but I still got a ton done. I painted the hallway pillars, and started stripping our bedroom of its nasty wallpaper. I’ve gotten almost all the paper off and plan on getting the little bit left, off today.

clip_image006

Almost ready to paint, YAY!

In the bathroom someone had painted the walls and used a trawl or something and made grooves into it. I guess it’s supposed to be designer but I think its UGLY. So we figured out to re-paint it we have to sand the walls until smooth. Well we tried doing it by hand and that was to hard so yesterday I went and bought an electric sander, it was cheaper them renting it for a day. It’s still very time consuming but I think to help it go faster I need coarser sand paper so I plan on buying some today.

clip_image008

I have no idea why they thought this was a good idea o.0

Then when Bob got home last night I mentioned that I couldn’t wait till our china cabinet was redone like we plan to. So he goes and starts tearing the nasty trim off it and going to work, which was great but now that is another big project for me to get done by this weekend, lol

100_8636

I got the pillars painted, looks a lot better then they were. clip_image010

I did manage to get a before picture of this, sort of… I mean the top trim is taken off in this picture but hopefully it gives you and idea of what it looked like, (that way I can post an ‘after’ picture)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Day Dreaming List:

Followers

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP