China Cabinet – A Work In Progress

>> Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our inspiration:

jchairs[6]

What we have to work with:

100_8631

We hated the trim that was on it

100_8632The trim piece on top and on these doors were actually plastic and fairly easy to take off.

100_8647

Here it is after i primed it. My husband rounded the top off, now it’s not as 70’s or whatever era (ugly is what it was). We are painting it a shade of blue but we will install bead board in the back of each shelf that will be painted white. I bought new silver handles and spray painted the hinges so they were no longer copper.

But now I'm pooped and was feeling a little light headed by the killz primer i was using.

I’ll keep updating as i work on it.

9-23-2010

Last night i put the first coat of blue paint on it and today i put on the second. My husband has yet to put on the white bead board or the trim, so i will still have some painting to do but here is what it looks like at this point:100_8670

We had thought the paint was going to be a tad bit darker then it turned out but i think it still looks nice, way better then it was in my opinion. We shall see how it looks against the green walls of my dinning room, that will be the real test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Day Dreaming List:

Followers

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP