Making Your Own Dress Form

>> Tuesday, May 08, 2012



I've been wanting a dress form since... forever. Couple things have stopped me. For one the price, even on major sale the cheapest i could find was $99 dollars, to much for me! The second issue is none of them were small enough for me :(


Then today i was looking up things on Steampunk Fashion (my new love) and found a video and some blog 'how to' posts on making your own dress form!


Thought i would share! Here is the video:


Also some helpful blog posts:
  • makingitwell.blogspot.co.nz
    • She goes in to a little more detail that i think was helpful.
  • This blogger broke it down into 4 posts. This way of making a form looks way more involving and more pricey but i thought i would share in case someone wants to get really into it. Post 3 & 4 i think would be great for any form though, you should check it out.
    • 1 of 4
    • 2 of 4
    • 3 of 4
      • This post shows a neat way to make a stand for your form out of PVC piping which is fairly cheap. I like the idea of putting wheels in the bottom and maybe making it able to twist back and forth for easy use. I would probably want to spray paint it to make it look even better :)
    • 4 of 4
      • This post shows you how to make a pretty cover for your form to make it look professional. Me likey!
I'm thinking could you do something very similar using newspaper for the paper mache (like you would make a pinata?) probably would take longer and you might have to use more layers but i wonder if it would work... would be cheaper and since i am a couponer i always have tons of newspapers sitting around LOL Just a thought.
Might be more effective to just by the paper tape like they show, it's not very expensive and might hold up longer *shrugs*


I'm hoping i can talk my hubby into helping me make one of these, i'm so excited i don't know what to do with myself!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Day Dreaming List:

Followers

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP