Ruffle Foot?

>> Thursday, May 10, 2012

So the machine i'm using is an old Sears Kenmore, you know really heavy, green metal monster machines. It's my mother in-laws machine. I've heard they are awesome. My friend said she had one just like it and it could sew jeans, which is amazing to me! Of course to have a machine work properly you have to know all about running it, which i don't... i don't know anything about setting the tension or any of that. I did figure out how to use the CAMs that was with it.


Well today i was looking through a blog and found a post about a 'ruffler foot' for your sewing machine. I watched a few youtube videos and the sucker looks awesome... sure would save me from doing it all by hand. I looked it up and found one for $20 on amazon.com and was about to add it to me kaboodle 'wish list' when i remembered there was a box that mom sent with it with a bunch of machine gadgets. I decided to look in the box just to see if there was a ruffler in there, but i didn't think there was.


Low and behold there was TWO of them in there. I'm soooo excited. I've watched a video on how to install it, i'm going to try it here in a few minutes. Tickled pink!


The box is full of things that i have no clue what they are. Most don't tell what they are but a couple do. One says 'Binder Patented' and the other says 'Edge Stitcher'. Of course i don't know what they do or how to use them. Back to youtube i go to see if there is anything about these gadgets too.


Kinda exciting, kinda scary cause i don't know what i'm doing and could do something all wrong. Haaa, i'm sure i can figure it out.... or at least i know i will try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Day Dreaming List:

Followers

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP